Running a garment care business is truly wash, dry, fold repeat. Not just with the garments, but with the clients. It is a continuous process of retaining clients and attracting new ones.
This week we look at the 3 ways to grow any business, but through the lens of garment care.
So, what are the 3 ways to grow any business?
- Increase the number of clients
- Get new clients to use your services
- Increase the average transaction value
- Get existing clients to increase the amount they spend every time they visit
- Increase the frequency of repurchase
- Get existing clients to purchase more often
First, let’s look at this broken out with drop-off clients per month:
(active clients) 300 X (avg purchase per client) $30 X (visit frequency) 2 = (total $) $18,000
In this scenario, we have 300 hundred active clients who visit our store 2 times a month for drop-off services. That's each client only using the service every other week.
Our first method of growth is to increase the number of clients.
(active clients) 315 X (avg purchase per client) $30 X (visit frequency) 2 = (total $) $18,900